I try to practice being grateful every day, but it’s important to put it into words sometimes. Today, these are some of the things I’m grateful for.
- An extended family, most of whom live close by. They’re my best friends, (and I don’t have to travel on holidays).
- A part-time job and 2 steady freelance clients. No immediate money worries.
- The life circumstances that allow me write novels. Because telling stories makes me happier than anything else I do.
- Clean running water, central heat, and plenty of food. It’s too easy to forget that these basics are privileges and not everyone has them.
- Good health. (Genetic luck of the draw)
- Heroes: Police officers, firefighters, military personnel, and medical aid workers who are willing to risk their own lives for others, including me.
- A husband who makes me laugh (and occasionally sings to me)
- A small pool in which to exercise everyday (without injuring myself)
- Dozens of wonderful friends both in person and online. (They make such a huge difference in the quality of my life.)
- TIVO (Without it, I could never watch television.)
What are you grateful for at this point in your life?