Here’s 10 things your friends and family can do to help you and your book catch a little online buzz:
- Set up a Google alert for your name and book titles.
- Search for your name or book title frequently using various search engines. (Google, Dogpile, Alta Vista, Bing, etc.)
- Visit your website and blog, then comment while they’re there.
- Search for reviews on blogs and reader sites (Goodreads, Shelfari, LibraryThing), then comment or click “helpful.”
- Search for and tag your books and put them on a wish list wherever they can. (Amazon, Books A Million, Barnes & Nobel.com,)
- Join discussions about your book on reader forums (Kindle Boards, etc..
- Post reviews wherever they can. (Amazon, Barnes and Noble.com GoodReads.com, Shelfari.com, LibraryThing.com, E-Bay, Powells, FlipKart, We Read, MySpace, etc.)
- Recommend your blogs to syndicated sites such as Digg, Reddit, Technorati, and Stumble Upon.
- Ask for your book at their local library.
- Drop your bookmarks at major bookstores in their area.
Can you think of others?